| Posted by
Good news! Thai cuisine uses lots of fresh vegetables and other healthy ingredients making it a great choice for everyone. If you’re really looking to eat healthy while at a Thai restaurant, try these dishes and substitutions:
- Spring rolls are deep fried, but our other vegetable rolls are not! All the delicious flavor, with out the deep-fried calories.
- Chicken satay with peanut sauce is low-carb, uses lean meats, and is packed with flavor. This is a great appetizer to kick-start your healthy Thai meal.
- Vegetable side dishes use great fresh vegetables and tasty spices like garlic, ginger, and chilis. Adding a vegetable side to your meal will fill you up and keep the meal healthy.
- Instead of fried rice, go with regular rice.
- Curry dishes are always a healthy choice. They’re low in carbs and packed with vegetables. Try ordering one with coconut milk, which contains lauric acid, which has been shown in more than 60 studies to decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Thai iced tea is delicious, but it has a lot of sugar. Treat it like a dessert instead of a typical beverage if you’re trying to lower your sugar intake.