| Posted by
Thaiphoon’s menu is full of traditional menu items from Thailand, a beautiful country in South East Asia. Read some fun facts about this awesome place!
- Thailand was known as Siam until 1939
- In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house without underwear on.
- Thailand is the world’s largest exporter of rice
- Around 90% of Thai people are Buddhist
- The world “Thailand” means “land of the free”
- Muay Thai boxing Thailand’s international sport, is known as “the art of eight limbs”
- It is illegal to drive shirtless in Thailand
- It is the world’s most visited city, according to the Global Destinations Cities Index, ahead of London. It will welcome 16 million international arrivals this year.
- The full spelling of Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, is Krung Thep Maha Nakho, but its full ceremonial name is Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit
- Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country that was never colonized by an European country.
- In 1996, two rare “diamond-eyed cats,” Phet and Ploy, were married in a lavish $16,241 Thai wedding, the most expensive pet wedding in the world.
Now that you know a little more about the country that our food comes from, you can enjoy our food with that much more knowledge about Thailand!